Thursday, October 22, 2009

Tip: Trim Inches Off Your Waist by...


Hello Dolls!

I wanna share a little tip on how to look slimmer, sexy, and beautiful especially when taking full-body photos or when you're walking around in your HOT bikini! (not that many of us are, especially since it's Fall season, but pocket this tip for when summer comes!) 

Before my bellydancing days, I never really understood the importance of good posture (okay, well I understood it but never paid too much attention to it), even when I took ballet and jazz at a very young age and in high school, I was told to stand straight but it was never really broken down for me until I started taking some serious bellydancing classes.  Last night I was in class and I noticed in the mirror how my posture has improved.  Great posture just has a way of making you look so Delicious!  Not to mention, it will also make you look a few pounds slimmer!  But there's more to it than just standing up straight.

First let me share with you how I used to stand; When I was very young, I used to stand with my knees always locked because it was comfortable and it was like a support for my body, my butt would stick out, my shoulders slumped over and my head would fall above my chest (I just had a Scarecrow image from the Wizard of Oz).  This is not a pretty stance for a young girl but it became a comfortable habit for me.  About 6 years ago, my Gynecologist told me that I had a tilted pelvis (WTH?) which is the reason why my tailbone stuck out, developing this strong lower arch in my back (glad to know I wasn't intently showing off my assets to the world)!  I was also having serious back pains.  Fast forward many years later: my bellydance instructor tells me, "Chruszhet, stand shoulder-width apart, tuck that butt in, put your ribcage on a shelf, elongate your neck, and put some energy in those arms! Now look at the curves in your silhouette."  And she was right!  Yeah every now and then I do catch myself slouching with but sticking out and then I have to correct myself. And I've seen those old photos of me with bad posture- NO BUENO!  So here's how to look irresistibly delicious (I'm sure my bellydance sisters can attest to):

1.  Stand shoulder-width apart, with your weight evenly distributed throughout your feet.
2.  Tuck your pelvis (tailbone ) in, but not too much that you look like an animal from a National Geographic episode.
3.  Roll your shoulder blades back and down, causing your chest to lift up (as my instructor said- "put your ribcage on a shelf"). You should also feel your stomach muscles contract a bit
4.  Lift your head up (making those neck muscles long and strong)
5.  Put some energy in those arms, don't let them just dangle to your sides. (In dance, we have certain positions for our arms) but be natural

Ooooweee now look at yourself in the mirror! You will look much slimmer showing off your torso and you will also look and feel confident. Most importantly you will save yourself from a back injury.  So the next time someone wants to snap a photo of you, remember your posture and your SMILE   =D  !

It's about Looking good and Feeling Better!
C-

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your tipps! I'll definately try'em out next time!

    Johanna

    ReplyDelete