Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Closet Confession #2: I'm a Product-Junkie

Hello lovelies,


"Hi.  My name is Chruszhet (audience responce: Hello Chruszhet) and I'm a Product-Junkie!"  What can I say, it's so sad but true! This past weekend- I decided to accompany my Bestie to the mall (while our hubbies did their Sunday ritual- making a raucous in front of the big screen watching NFL football).  After scarfing down a Spam Musubi, I made my first purchase at the Clinique counter inside Macy's.  This is what I bought:


The Even Better Skin Tone Corrector

It's for correcting uneven skin tone and undo-ing visible sun-damage, dark spots, age spots, yada yada yada.  I'm a big make-up fan, but I also like to have a clean fresh face sans makeup while I'm lounging around.  I have been hearing some rave reviews about this thing so I thought I'd give it a try.  And supposedly I should see results within 4-6 weeks (if directions are followed properly).  To learn more about this product click here.  I will let you all know how well it worked on me. So stay tuned...

So are you a product-junkie like me?  If your cabinets and bathroom counters are stocked with all different kinds of beauty products then YES you are a Product-Junkie!  From make-up to skin-care, to hair-care to body-care do you try and test most of the products out there?  Is Sephora.com set as your home page and do you visit the site every chance you get?  Yikes that's ME!  My mother told me that when I was born, I came out with nail polish on my widdle piggie toes- oh my, so I guess it's in my blood!

Don't get me wrong- I'm certainly not to the extent where I would put my whole family on the streets because of my obsession.  That's pretty ridiculous and for those who do, maybe it's time to seek help.
I do a lot of research and review-readings before I make a purchase because I want to make sure that if I'm going to make an investment (I'm an advocate on investing in yourself- the ROI (return-on-investment) is awesome) that I'm going to benefit from it in some way.  But yes, there have been past purchases I've made where the product did not deliver what it was supposed to deliver.  But overall I usually come out pretty satisfied with most of my purchases.

So since the hubby did well on football-betting this past weekend, I came up with a scary plan!  I'm going to bet a small amount and I mean a small teeny tiny amount on NFL football this coming weekend (this is sooooo unlike me) and my winnings are going towards another product-purchase!  Yay!  (Wow that was spoken like a true junkie...)  I've been eye-ing the MakeUP Forever HD Foundation and Kevyn Aucoin's Celestial Powder...mmmm..mm it's dreamy!

See you all at the make-up and beauty counters!
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment