Monday, November 23, 2009

Are You Loyal to Your Makeup?



I have been an avid M.A.C. cosmetics-user/collector for many years.  I am somewhat embarrased to say that I have spent a few thousand dollars in one year on M.A.C products (I know because I once spent all of my income tax refund check just on makeup alone- who does that, right?). I eventually had to sell what I was not using.  Am I addicted to M.A.C- umm maybe...ok yes!  But lately in the past year, I have been eye-ing other product lines.  I'm not cheating on M.A.C- maybe just taking a short separation.  Don't get me wrong, I still love M.A.C.  He has great eyeshadows, pigments, slimshine, fluidline, and brushes as well.  The best part about M.A.C is his recycling program.  Return 6 empty plastic containers and get one free lipstick!  Yay!  What other make-up line does that for you? (Oh did you notice me refer to MAC as a person...? To me- he is!)

So I'm due for more foundation and concealer and I'm thinking about trying MakeUp Forever or Giorgio Armani.  I've also ventured off and used Nars, Smashbox, Benefit, and Urban Decay.  There are many I would like to try, just hoping MAC doesn't get too jealous.  hehehe  This is where my product-junkie-self takes over.  But I feel that staying with MAC products for the rest of my makeup wearing life is being unfair to the other beautifully packaged and worthy products out there. I study quite a few professional make-up artists and yes M.A.C is just as much their household name as is Lysol, but there are other cosmetic lines that will do the job just as good or perhaps even better!  

So the question for you all is, have you stuck with the same product line for quite some time?  If so, why the loyalty to one brand?

Dear MAC,
   Don't hate me for this, but I would like to start seeing other brands.  Don't worry you're still my numero uno!  Trust me, it's not You, it's Me.  You've always been good to me.  I just feel like I'm missing out on something more exciting!  You still hold a place in my makeup bag and forever will.  Love, ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment