Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Obsessions that become Passions


Now that I am able to sit for a good amount of time to type up a blog, let me share with you my new obsession...(I'm realizing that I have collected a lot of obsessions...hmmm...no, it's called passion)...it's hula hooping! I get so giddy inside just thinking about it.  It takes me back to my childhood years when I would take my hoop outside and just take it for walks, you know like rolling it along side me as I walk.  That, to me was a lot of fun. 

So yeah, I'm officially hoop-happy!!! I wake up in the mornings wanting to grab it, spin it, twirl it, jump through it, throw it, fling it...well you get the idea.  And I'm up late at nights doing pretty much the same thing and I go to bed completely satiated.  I don't know what it is about hooping that gives me this joy.  I'm thinking it's the feeling of quick accomplishment when I learn a new trick.  Some tricks only take about an hour to get down, some may take longer, but it definitely is easier and faster to see your progress than it is with let's say dance, which can take years to really notice that you are doing it well. 

So in my, let's say passion for hooping, I've also taken the time to make a few.  I made my first one for Cruz, my 7 year old son who about a week ago, had no idea how to hula hoop and now he has a couple of tricks under his little belt.  He took onto it in a matter of minutes after I taught him how to move with it.  It definitely is a great feeling!  The next one I make is going to a special friend of mine as a birthday gift!!!

But let me just say, this new found sport/hobby integrates so well with dance.  I pop in some groovy music and MOVE!  Such an amazing feeling to just freestyle and let the music move you and the hoop.  The best part about all this is meeting new hoopers!!!

I dare you to pick one up and just FLOW!

1 comment: