Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Closet Confession #5: Brow Obsession


So, I'm sure you've all heard that the eyebrows not only frame your eyes, but they frame your entire face.  It's true!  And my obsession for clean eyebrows happened when I was 18 years old.  I discovered the beauty in nice well-kept eyebrows.  I soon became obsessed when I would come home from work during my lunch hour just to pluck my eyebrows!  Crazy, huh?  It would annoy the heck out of me when I noticed a small stub of hair growing and I would immediately grab my tweezers and pluck it!  Soon, I was developing scabs from picking too deep at the not-yet-grown out hairs. 

A couple of years later, I took up a job working part-time in a salon and I had the convenience of getting my eyebrows waxed for free!  Cha-ching!  I was delighted that my eyebrows were waxed and trimmed weekly.  I was told that my eyebrows grew out instead of growing down- so in my head my eyebrows were unruly!  *sigh*

I soon outgrew all the obsession when I went through a "cleansing-phase" in my life (that's a whole other story in itself). 

So fast-forward to the present- I don't wax my eyebrows anymore, I found the wax to be irritating to my skin.  I pluck them myself.  And suprisingly, I will sometimes forget to pluck for a week and half.  Funny how habits change!  But my eyebrows are still thin but I love them just as much.  When applying makeup, I use a dark brown eyeshadow (like Brun from MAC) to shade them in with a gel-based color (like a dark brown fluidline) on top to keep them intact.  And I love a slight arch in the brow.  (Check out kandee johnson's youtube vids on her eyebrow tips.)

So, yes the eyebrows may frame the entire face and give definition to the eyes and forehead but what really matters is that you perfect your beauty from the inside and your true radiance will shine through!

p.s. even unibrows were in fashion at some point in history.

Keep Smiling Beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment